lauantai 14. toukokuuta 2011

Molestor Kadotus interview

MOLESTOR KADOTUS

KMC:
First of all. How and when did you start to listen to Black Metal?


MK:
Satan has called me since my childhood. I've always been intrigued by darkness, evil, horror so it was natural to me that starting with heavy metal my path would lead to Black Metal and Satanism. I've grown up in adoration of King Diamond and his black magic and thus I was also introduced to Mercyful Fate which was the first Black Metal band for me. That was when I was going to 7th so something like 13 years of age. By listening to Mercyful Fate and Venom I found my way to classic Norwegian Black Metal + other European Black Metal. The rest is history.


KMC: Was there any favourite BM acts in the beginning?

MK: Mercyful Fate was and still is the most important Black Metal band to me personally. After that some of the first bands that made an impact to me were Darkthrone, Emperor (ITNE), Cradle of Filth (debut album), Moonspell (debut album) + a bit later Burzum, Immortal, Black Funeral (debut album), Ulver, Gehenna, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Evol, Impaled Nazarene, Troll and so on and so on..

KMC:
What does Black Metal mean to you?

MK:
Black Metal, the gospel of Satan, is the poisoned blood that runs through my veins. A sickness that cannot be cured. Black Metal = SATAN, not only a way of my life, it is what my life is. It is pointless to discuss about Black Metal as a musical genre as the devoted know it's more than that.

KMC:
What does satanism mean to you?

MK: You can take my previous reply and change the words "Black Metal" to "Satanism". Satanism for me is the dark path on searching for the Truth, guided by the sinister magic of our Lord Satan. I've just recently learned about some occult truths and the true path of Satan which I've yearned and searched for several years..

KMC:
What about NSBM. What is your opinion about that?

MK:
I really like NSBM, big time. Unfortunately NSBM too often is a synonym for low-quality non-Satanic shit with poor ideology. But then again there are stong, exceptional bands proclamating the NSBM propaganda which make me shout out "Sieg heil" in glory. The strenght, the hate and the dedication of the proudest NSBM bands is something to admire but a random swastika in some teenager drummachine clumsy attempt can be a disgrace.

The main dilemma for me with NSBM however is the one that's generally discussed with it too, the lack or even denying of Satan which is the alpha and omega of Black Metal. So should we rather talk about NS metal rather than NSBM? But then again the elements that are present in NSBM; fascism, tyranny, hate, are all essential ingredients of Black Metal. If I think of a perfect example how to play Black Metal with combining NS elements to it Satanic Warmaster comes to mind.


KMC:
What is your opinion about nowadays Black Metal in Finland, is it doing well?

MK:
I'd say that the current Finnish BM scene is the strongest one in the world at the moment. Not only because of the great music but the serious dedication behind it. Of course there are great hordes coming from almost every country and there are devoted inviduals as well but as the Finnish scene is small you get to know people in it and see their devotion to the Satanic art. My own current favourites come from Finland and this is also the main reason why I mostly release only Finnish Black Metal with Hammer of Hate.

KMC:
Where did the name Molestor Kadotus came from?

MK: I used a different name back in the 90's but then I chose the name Kadotus. After the band Kadotus was formed and they refused to change their name to avoid confusions to me (which still continue to be) I chose an additional name to complete name. Molestor started out more like a title, like reverend or minister but then formed out to be my main name since I'm fucking sick and tired of people mistaking me for the band Kadotus. I am the Molestor of god's children, eternal damnation of christian souls!

KMC:
You are resposible in many of BM bands artwork. How did you end up doing artwork in bands LPs, CDs and T-Shirts?

MK:
At first I made the layouts and designs for my own bands but also sometimes helped out some other bands I was releasing. I've received some criticism, some good words about the style I create them. Personally I like it and have developed a lot so I'l continue doing it in the future too.

CALVARIUM

KMC:
Was Calvarium your first band?

MK:
No. I had 3 bands before Calvarium. Calvarium however was the first band for me that released a real album instead of just demos so it always has a certain place in my soul because of that. And I still like a lot of our both releases.

Calvarium - Jumalviha
(from 'The Skull Of Golgotha' Dynamic Arts Records 2003)


KMC:
What made you want to be the frontman, i mean the vocalist in Calvarium and all of the bands you're involved?

MK:
I don't know if am/was the frontman in Calvarium, I consider it as an equal trinity of us three. The other bands are more or less formed by me so that's maybe the reason I'm taking the lead. Well, especially with Anal Blasphemy and Musta Kappeli. Or maybe I'm just such a charismatic dude, HAH.

KMC: Did Calvarium play any shows or will it ever play?

MK:
No we haven't played and I strongly doubt we ever will. Personally I'm not that much into live performances but maybe some one special gig would be an appropriative nail in the coffin.

KMC:
Calvariums debut album 'The Skull Of Golgotha' was released by Dynamic Arts Records in 2003. How did you end up releasing the album through Dynamic Arts?

MK:
Veilroth is involved with DAR so it became kind of natural that Calvarium was released by them.

KMC: The recording sessions weren't that easy, because something happened...studio equipments were burnt in electrical fire etc.? Could you tell me what happened?

MK:
Yeah the recordings gave a hard time on us, hah. Everything seemed to go wrong all the time. It was the second part of the recordings that was supposed to happen when last night before the recordings I got a message from Veilroth that there has been an electric fire in the studio and the recordings were cancelled. Bad luck indeed, or some higher force trying to prevent us, who knows...

Calvarium - The Dark Blessed Elite
(from 'Assaulting The Divine' Dynamic Arts Records 2004)


KMC:
'Assaulting The Divine' EP was released also by Dynamic Arts Records in 2004. The material on this EP was supposed to be released on a canceled split with Behexen. Why didn't the split happen?

MK:
Heh, makes me wonder where did you find this info.. Yeah, it's true. Actually I don't remember why the split was cancelled. Maybe it had something to do with Veilroth's departure from Behexen, can't remember right now. Anyhow it was going to be a split 7" but we made a MCD instead.

KMC:
What's the situation in Calvarium at the moment? Are you still active?

MK:
Can't say that we are. The band is in a frozen state of existence. Maybe some day it will awaken again..

ALAL BLASPHEMY

KMC:
Anal Blasphemy, your main band. When was it born?

MK: I consider the birth of Anal Blasphemy to be the summer of 2002 when the debut demo was recorded. It was an ugly child right at birth I tell you.

KMC:
How did you came up with the name Anal Blasphemy?

MK:
Actually the name was made up by a friend of mine and I adopted it from him. It was quite suitable name for such an ugly child. It still causes controversy and possibily some people don't want to listen to AB because the name is stupid to them. I don't care, it's quite fitting to it. Describes well the character and basic essence of it's filth.

Anal Blasphemy - Satan Rapes God
(from 'Bestial Black Metal Filth' Hammer Of Hate 2009)


KMC:
Have you ever concider to play live with Anal Blasphemy, for example with live session players?

MK:
Well the thought has crossed my mind yes. As I said earlier I'm not that much of a gig person, don't get inspired of some long tours or several gigs in a row. But a onetime special show is a different matter. We'll see..

KMC:
Where do you get your inspiration in Anal Blasphemy?

MK:
From the world around me and from inside myself. Generally I see or experience something that affects me so much that I decide to write a song about it. Some main sources of inspiration for Anal Blasphemy are SATAN, christianity, islam, misanthropy, perversions, sex, naked women, Black Metal, enemies, friends, intolerance, hatred.. The stupidity of religions/believers, the sexuality of women, I get a lot of inspiration from them. Satan is of course one main influence for Anal Blasphemy and how I experience Him.

KMC:
What does Anal Blasphemy stand for?

MK:
Anal Blasphemy stands for SATAN, it's a messenger of His evil, a wartrumpet to sound out loud His majesty! Anal Blasphemy also stands for the hatred of god, allah, jesus and the followers of these impotent false deities. Anal Blasphemy stands for perversion, lust, sin, sexuality. Anal Blasphemy stands for all those who have chosen the Left Hand Path and revel in it's glory. A fitting Darkthrone quotation for this question: "With my art I am the fist in the face of god".

KMC: You did a bunch of demos before your first official release 'Anal Blasphemy & Necroslut' split record, released by Grievantee/Spread Evil in 2007. Necroslut is a one man band. The man is known as Shatraug from Horna, Sargeist, Behexen and many more (i mean MANY more). How did you end up doing a split record with Necroslut? Is Shatraug your "partner in crime"?

MK:
Yes of course he is. We share the same views and Anal Blasphemy & Necroslut are similar entities so the split just had to happen. Both are filthy spirits of blasphemous devotion. It was an honour for me to do the split with NECROSLUT.

KMC: 'Filth Union In Desacration', a split 7" with Bloodhammer was released through Hammer Of Hate in 2007. How did it feel, i mean back then, to release your own music through your own label?

MK:
It's of course more "rewarding" to get a deal from a label not your own but when releasing one's own music let's you be more in control so to speak. If the label doesn't do a good work for you, you've got only yourself to blame. It was a good solution to release AB on Hammer of Hate and will do so in the future too with maybe some exceptions.

KMC: 'Bestial Black Metal Filth' (really like this album!) was released through Hammer Of Hate in 2009. Was this the work you had always dreamed of, your first one man band debut full-lenght release?

MK: Yes, you're quite right, it was a dream come true. To release a full-lenght album which was completely created by me. I never thought that it would happen when I started Anal Blasphemy. Thanks for your words, I'm glad you liked the album. Actually the success and popularity of the album still keeps on amazing me. The CD has now sold 1000 copies and last copies left of the limited to 500 vinyl version too. Bestial Black Metal Filth will always have a special place in my memories.

KMC:
Kommander Lord Sargofagian played drums in track 'Satan Rapes God'. Why did Sargofagian play only in one track, i mean why didn't you play the drums in 'Satan Rapes God'?

MK:
I wanted to play all the instruments on the album by myself but I had a certain vision for 'Satan rapes god' in which my poor drumming skills wouldn't have been sufficient so as in the past of Anal Blasphemy I used a session drummer and the track turned out really good that way. I aimed for a VON-feeling with it and I think it was a success.

KMC: What does 'Satan Rapes God' lyrics stand for? I think i'm pretty sure the title says it all, but in your aspect?

MK: You can take the lyric literally, Satan being the inferior creation of god now humiliating His maker through sexual desecration, destruction of heaven etc.. But it can also be seen as metafor as Satan is the true light that violently overcomes christianity in your soul. He is the raw strenght that ejaculates on weakness.

Anal Blasphemy - Fucking Whore Priest
(from 'Anal Blasphemy / Pure Evil - Pure Blasphemy - Split' Hammer Of Hate 2009)


KMC:
'Pure Blasphemy', a split record with excellent Pure Evil was released through Hammer Of Hate in 2009, the same year as 'Bestial Black Metal Filth' was released. What's the story behind this release?

MK:
Kryth is a truly exceptional dark spirit and again his creation Pure Evil is very close to AB so after being in contact with him we decided to join forces on a split release. Later on our paths have joined even more as he is a permanent member of Musta Kappeli and I use his skills in AB too, on a session basis. Great split, really proud of it. I especially like the AB track on it, one of the best ones.

KMC:
Anal Blasphemys second full-lenght 'Profane Fornication Ejaculation' came out 2010 and again through Hammer Of Hate. We met and we talked in Hammer Open Air Fest 2010 and you told me that the cover of 'Profane Fornication Ejaculation' had some bad reviews in some forums or something or maybe i'm misunderstanding something. Could you tell me what was it about?

MK: The internet is such a wonderful place. It doesn't discriminate anyone but let's all kinds of assholes and retards have the time of their lives online. It gives a chance for every anonymous loser to be a record critic and shout out loud their useless opinions. The artwork of PFE is magically crafted by the number one Black Metal artist in Finland I know, Helgorth. I have truly respect for his skills and most importantly vision that he puts in his works. PFE is no different from that but for some reason some idiot(s) thought that the drawing is cartoonish and looks silly and that the concept is stupid and shit like that.. I beg to differ. Why doesn't anyone get bored of the endless amount of Moyen goats and your basic christ being fucked on a crucifx etc.. I have nothing against Moyen or such artwork of course but personally I try to create something that differs even a bit, that has some idea behind it. It doesn't actually matter what some morons say on an internet forum but I was just pissed off because I think all works of Helgorth look so fucking amazing.

Anal Blasphemy - Foul Stench From The Crypt Of Jesus
(from 'Profane Fornication Ejaculation'
Hammer Of Hate 2010)


KMC:
You made it very clear in 'Profane Fornication Ejaculations' CD booklet that you hate "Black Metal gothic pop fags with their whiny gay vocals like Nuit Noire!". Have you had some propblems with people like that or what...?

MK: You forgot one important small word from it, namely "post". I was referring to the so called "post-Black Metal" bands which I fucking hate! Black Metal has become so popular that people use it and create it for the purposes of something that's just too far from the original idea. All kinds of shit is being released and labelled as Black Metal but this gay shoegaze/depressive rock/post-Black Metal/whatever crap is just the worst! Some skinny fags whining on some dark pop music that distantly has some BM influences MUSICALLY has nothing to do with Black Metal as it was meant to be and it just fucking pisses me off. Nuit Noire was just the worst example I could think of but there are countless of others too. I've never been in any contact with Nuit Noire except for smashing their CD that I found in our storage.

KMC:
The CD format includes "Ejaculation of Black Impurity" tape as bonus tracks and a video clip of "Hail the Serpent of Eden". Who did the video?

MK:
It's really a simple video, raw and primitive like AB itself. It was shot by IkiHorros and edited by an important comrade Bob Dlimmoth. All honours to him for making the video look that good! Hopefully I'll get to work with him in the future too. Hails Bob if you're reading this!

Anal Blasphemy - Hail the Serpent of Eden (officiaal video)
(Video included in the new album 'Profane Fornication Ejaculation' Hammer Of Hate 2010)


KMC: What is the next step for Anal Blasphemy?

MK:
I'm currently working on a split 7" with HALLA from Iran. Great band, anti-islam Black Metal, definetly worth to check out. That will be out on Hammer of Hate later this year. Also almost finished is a theme 7"/MCD 'Sermons of a Sodomite' which will be out at some point from Hammer of Hate too. Probably autumn 2011. And when I've finished those I will start working on the 3rd full-lenght of Anal Blasphemy.

MUSTA KAPPELI

KMC:
Musta Kappeli was formed in 2005. Could you tell something about the beginning when Musta Kappeli started, how did it happen and so on?

MK: Musta Kappeli was born out of the passion to the dark forests and 90's Black Metal. Those 2 have always been essential for me and back in the 90's I created BM that was in theme of them. There was a long (too long) period of doing other kind of Black Metal (mainly AB) and Musta Kappeli is a return to my roots. I started to write lyrics and think of the concept in 2005, slowly forming the Black Chapel of Satanic worship. In 2006 we recorded the debut demo which was released early 2007.

Musta Kappeli - Ihmisyyden Hämärässä
(from 'Saatanassa Ulvoneet' Primitive Reaction 2008)


KMC:
Comparing to Calvarium and Anal Blaphemy, i think Musta Kappeli is more darked music, you know, dark notes between lost worlds. And when i saw your debut show in Black Curse Over Hellsinki Fest 10.04.2010 that confirmed my opinion. Am i comparing Musta Kappelis music in the right way/in the right direction?

MK:
Yes, that is quite correct. Of course Calvarium and AB are dark too but Musta Kappeli is the primordial darkness of the woods. It's also about a lot of personal stuff and the darkness within my soul. I'm glad that the expression has been a succesful one and the feeling has been transfered to the listener too.

KMC: You have a keyboard player in Musta Kappeli. What do you think of the opinion (not my opinion) that "keybords don't belong in Black Metal"?

MK:
I can understand that opinion but I'm totally disagreeing with it. I have 4 words for those people who think so: "IN THE NIGHTSIDE ECLIPSE". If you try to imagine ITNE without the majestic synth it would be half of the greatness of the album. And if someone dares to say ITNE is not essential Black Metal, well....

Musta Kappeli - Haureudessa Häpäisty
(from 'Förgjord / Musta Kappeli - Uskon Kuolema - Split' Hammer Of Hate 2009)


KMC: Musta Kappeli did one demo called 'Yön Pimeydessä' in 2007, and after that, Primitive Reaction released Blood Red Fog & Musta Kappeli split 7" known as 'Wandering Towards...'. After the split release, Primitive Reaction released 'Saatanassa Ulvoneet' EP and the same year Hammer Of Hate released Förgjord & Musta Kappeli split 7" called 'Uskon Kuolema'. Debut full-lenght 'Ei Valoa Tähän Kammioon' was released by Primitive Reaction this year. If you compare the split releases and the ep release to 'Ei Valoa Tähän Kammioon' full-lenght, then what's the difference you can hear in the music? Was the full-lenght sessions harder comparing to split and EP recording sessions?

MK: In a way EVTK is more progressed to the previous releases but in a way it's more clumsy than the others. The method we recorded it was a difficult one and didn't quite succeed like I hoped for. But otherwise there wasn't much difference except that the full-lenght took more time to complete as I performed all instruments exccluding the synth. Long hard process and gladly we now have Kryth to ease that up on the upcoming second full-lenght.

KMC:
'Ei Valoa Tähän Kammioon' contains a cover song called 'Angelwings And Ravenclaws', orginally by Gehenna. How did you end up choosing a cover song from Gehenna?

MK:
Gehenna has always been a very important band for me and IkiHorros and one of our main influences for Musta Kappeli so the choice was an easy one. And especially the song "Angelwings and Ravenclaws" is our alltime favourite from Gehenna so with the permission of Dolgar we recorded and released the cover on the album.

Musta Kappeli - Rukous Pimeyteen
(from 'Ei Valoa Tähän Kammioon' Primitive Reaction 2010)


KMC: Musta Kappelis new record is a split record with Korgonthurus, released by Hammer Of Hate. The split contains a song from Musta Kappeli called 'Syyskuolemaa' and the lenght of the song is nearly 18 minutes. Is this the taste of future Musta Kappeli, more longer songs?

MK:
No, this one was a special case. Both Korgonthurus and we were meant to do a split 10" with one long song from both but the songs turned out to be even longer ones so it ended up being an LP instead. The song was inspired by the long tracks of BURZUM but doesn't mean that all future Musta Kappeli songs will be that long. Well, the new tracks aren't short either I can tell you that..

TROTZREICH
BAPTISM
BLACK PRIEST OF SATAN
SINISTERITE
DROWNING THE LIGHT

KMC: Tell me something about Trotzreich, what kind of music? And is it a project or a active band?

MK:
Trotzreich is an old now buried NSBM band of Lord Sargofagian that I joined and we recorded the demo. I consider Trotzreich as a project only since we only released that limited to 50 copies demo and most likely there won't be any new releases coming. The music was melodic, hateful NSBM in the vein of KRISTALLNACHT, SEIGNEUR VOLAND etc. Even today the demo still causes controversy. Don't if it's a good or a bad thing that one limited to 50 copies demotape can be so influential to the "careers" of me and Lord Sargofagian.

Trotzreich - Visions Of The Heathen Reign
(from 'Warmarch To The New Age' Demo 2002)


KMC: You have been messing around in Baptism as a sessions bass player? Are you still doing sessions bass playing in the band? Does session bassist in this case mean that you have been playing in Baptism records or live shows or both?

MK: I was in Baptism for a really short time only back when they only had the demo released. I never played live or on any recordings of Baptism so basically I was just a session member if even that. But I have been living closely to Baptism and supporting them since their demo days and contributed a lyric to one song too so I do have a strong connection to the band.

KMC:
Black Priest Of Satan from Germany is a band featuring you and Avenger (also messing around in Front Beast, Nocturnal, Necroslaughter, Bestial Desacration etc.). You have done one demo 'The Black Candels Burn' (2007) and EP called 'Fullmoon Rituals' (2008, independent release). Tell me something about this lineup?

MK: Black Priest of Satan is an obscure entity. It binds me and Avenger to perform strange black spells in it. I like the band a lot eventhough it's quite random when we record new stuff. Out now is also the MCD 'We, as Shadows of Satan', check it out. Best BPOS material so far. For me BPOS is mystical and you can't predict what happens with it. When I record the vocals for it I'm always surprised how they turn out to be. It's like they come from somewhere else and I'm just a channel for them..

Black Priest Of Satan - Left Hand Path Manifesto
(from 'We, As Shadows Of Satan' Bpos 2010)


KMC:
Sinisterite, a band from United Kingdom, also a band that features you as a bass player. Sinisterite have recorded two demos and one full-lenght, released 2010 by Pest Productions. Could you tell me something about Sinisterite and about the debut full-lenght release?

MK:
I've been a member for only a short period so can't tell much. Nox and Hellseeker asked me to join and I was glad to do so. Sinisterite has that same morbid vibe that AB and Necroslut have but still in a different way. I like it. The debut turned out to be a great one and also now out is the second full-lenght which was recorded in the same sessions as the first one. Check it out, 'The Unclean Days'.. Unclean alright I tell you.

Sinisterite - 666
(from 'Sinisterite' Pest Production 2010
)


KMC: And then there is a band called Drowning The Light from Australia what has session members as much as people living in Utsjoki (a municipality in Finland) and you are one of the bass session members. Tell me somehting about this band and in what of the bands releases have you played in?

MK:
When Azgorh was in Finland a certain brotherhood was formed and it was an honour for me to perform live in Drowning the Light. To celebrate that union of north & south we recorded a special miniLP with this line-up, all of us contributing riffs for the composition of the songs. It turned out great and will always have a special place in my memories as the Finnish Australian collaboration. Azgorh is truly a worthy brother and I support him and Drowning the Light. Sure he might be a bit productive like some critics have stated but I like the atmosphere of DTL's music. I'm very much still in contact with this devoted spirit.

Drowning The Light - Yearning Under the Winter Moon
(from 'Land Of The Dead Sun' Hammer Of Hate 2011)


KMC:
Is there any more bands or projects you are involved or did i mention every of them?

MK:
There has been some participations in some bands but these are the ones that matter and are worthy of mention in this context.

HAMMER OF HATE

KMC:
When was the label and shop created?

MK: The label was created in 2004 I think. Or at least then was the website opened and the first release, BAPTISM/UNCREATION'S DAWN 7" released. The actual shop came along much later. It's been a bit on and off since the ideal solution at one point was to not have a distro but only sell the releases on wholesale. That, however, is impossible in this point of time. And as the shop causes so much work I'd prefer to have only wholesaledeals but what can you do..

KMC:
What made you want to release music?

MK:
Two things were the main reasons. Firstly and most importantly, PASSION. The Flame in my soul to spread the word of Lord Satan with excellent music of devoted inviduals. I am filled with Satanic pride to poison the world with the Venom of the Great Serpent. That is the main reason for this. Second one was frustration. Simply being frustrated by the fact how shitty labels treat their bands and rip-off people. This coming from own and close friends' experiences. I wanted to create a label that works with the point of view of the artist, to serve them as they deserve. If someone at this point thinks "yeah he's in it for the $$$$" I say, "think again". ANYONE who has ANY experience with running a distro/label can 100% agree with me when I say that there's very little actual personal profit from it. Too much work, you'll have to invest your own money, stress, hurry, pressure, lack of money.. The main plus side is that you get to handle good music and maybe grab your personal copy when something interesting is in stock, otherwise the only ones getting rich are the Finnish postal system and the state.

KMC: CDs and LPs are selling poorly these days because of Spotify, and because of different kind of MP3 sites, and of course because of piratism (torrents etc). How does it affect to Hammer Of Hate selling? Because of all BM/DM followers and collectors are still buying all their records as LP and CD format...i'm not 100% sure, is it that way?

MK:
Well there are 2 opinions about this. One is that all the free mp3 downloads in the net help people to check out the release and then more likely even buy it. Then there's my opinion that people these days do not understand that the downloading from the internet is killing the music and that most of the people who download music don't buy it no matter how good it is. As people don't buy the CD's and LP's anymore, labels can't get them sold. This results that labels don't get their expenses back from pressing the CD/LP release and also for the possible artwork/studio expenses which results to labels not being interested to pay for artists' studio/artwork/other costs. This leads to an absurd world where apparently the artists record their music on their own expenses and upload it to the internet for free downloads and possible donations and I ask you, who the fuck wants to do that?? Yes, there probably are artists who can accept that but in general, even if you don't want any profit from your art I'd presume noone wants to lose money with their art.

The good thing with (Black/Death) Metal scene is that the fans are still quite dedicated to support the bands and actually buy the music. One reason for this might be that Metal albums have impressive artworks, lyrics printed etc. extra besides the music. When you think of the situation with artists like Madonna or Britney Spears, it's a different matter. I would imagine these kind of artists have really big problems to get their money from the music and can't live with the money they get from radio plays but have to "mobilize" and go on tours. Why else would Madonna come to Finland? She has to expand and tour in several countries to ensure money from expensive concert tickets and merchandise.

I got kind of carried away from the original question but the subject is just something that raises strong feelings in me as things are so shitty now and going to worse. I've talked with other labels and they are suffering from the same problem. People just don't buy the albums. I don't know if it's the depression/economical crisis or the illegal downloading or what but it's really hard to get stuff sold. And this already effects so that I can't afford to pay the bills for the grand looking releases and I'll have to consider more carefully when
to release and what. I like to make the releases really pro so it takes money and at the moment I don't get that money back as soon as I should for this to work. But despite all the complaining I want to HAIL all the true fanatics who still support the bands and labels and recordstores! There still are those people, especially within the metal scene.

KMC:
Your costumers...have to ask this. What is a good costumer and what is a bad costumer?

MK: Well basically a good customer is one who buys a lot of stuff, provides needed info for the delivery and is thankful for the service. A bad customer is everything opposite to that. Mainly all whining customers who complain about useless things are the worst. Also customers who want to reserve stuff and never buy it after all. Well actually the worst customers are the ones who order cash on delivery and never pick up the package which causes us a loss of 10 euros which has to be covered by the sales of the next items and THAT pisses me off big time. 90% of my customers are in the "good" category however so I'm quite pleased.

KMC: How do you choose your releases? What is the main thing 'the band has to sound and has to be', before you release it?

MK:
I've tried to make people/bands aware that I NEVER release anything on the basis of just "good music". I'm very picky on signing new bands and releasing them. Good music is of course one of the main reasons for the release but equally important things are also the lyrics and the ideology behind them (SATAN), personalities behind the music and their devotion. Also in some portion some lesser important things like logo, artworks etc.. This is the main reason I release mainly Finnish bands (I get asked about this very often), it's easier to communicate with the persons and get an idea about who they are. Also most bands I've signed I've known the people in them already and saw their potential. And then there's the fact that Finnish Black Metal is just superior.

KMC:
What kind of music Hammer Of Hate will never release?

MK: With the definition I gave above it's more easy to explain what I WOULD release but of course there are many kinds of bands/music I would never release. Christian/islamic music. Leftist/hippie crap. Basically not anything non-metal, not too excited even about noise/ambient stuff to release. No joke bands. I mainly release Black Metal so no heavy/trash/doom metal either. As I said, I'm quite strict about the idea of what Hammer of Hate releases.

KMC:
In your opinion, do you like more CDs or LPs? Casettes?

MK:
All the 3 formats have their good qualities. I mostly collect CD/vinyl and like both of them. I like CD's a lot because I can listen to them in my car or at work but I just love the vinyl format too. Hard to choose.

Sacrilegious Impalement - Blessed to Resist
(from 'II Exalted Spectres' Hammer Of Hate 2011)


KMC:
Any new releases coming that you would like to let us know?

MK:
You should definetly check out the upcoming SACRILEGIOUS IMPALEMENT second album and the debut album of DESOLATE SHRINE (this will get a lot of attention!!). Also upcoming new stuff from Anal Blasphemy as I mentioned..

Desolate Shrine - The Smell Of Blood And Iron
(from 'Tenebrous Towers' Hammer Of Hate 2011)


KMC:
Any last words?

MK:
I'm too exhausted to think anything after your looooong interview, haha. But thanks for the interview and interest. Final words, keep supporting metal, fuck the name of jehovah/allah and praise hail Satan/Lucifer/Azazel!